TVs have become a staple in every household. They are often used for entertainment, but they can also be used as a way to multitask and get work done while you watch TV.
With the advancement of technology, TVs are getting more expensive and less affordable by the day. This is why we want to help you find the best TV for under $200!
We will go over several different TVs that fit this price range, discuss their features, pros, and cons, and give our final recommendation on which one we think is worth your money.
If you are in a hurry, check out our top picks…
TCL 32S335 32-inch 3-Series 720p Roku Smart TV
The TCL 32S335 32 Inch Smart Model is a budget-friendly TV that delivers an impressive picture quality for the price. The 1080p resolution, a fast refresh rate of 120 Hz, and HDTV tuner are great features at this low cost.
The TCL 32S335 also has many connectivity options including three HDMI ports, which makes it easy to connect multiple devices.
However, there’s no USB port here so you can only use these connections to view content from external sources like your Blu-ray player or gaming console as opposed to playing files directly off a thumb drive or hard drive.
It should be noted that the Roku interface on this set doesn’t have support for Amazon Prime Video streaming service but does offer Netflix, Hulu Plus, and more apps with good app quality.
What We Like:
- 1080p resolution, a fast refresh rate of 120 Hz, and an HDTV tuner are great features at this low cost;
- Connectivity options include three HDMI ports which make it easy to connect multiple devices. This model also has many connectivity options including three HDMI ports, which makes it easy to connect multiple devices.
- No USB port here so you can only use these connections to view content from external sources like your Blu-ray player or gaming console as opposed to playing files directly off a thumb drive or hard drive;
- Roku interface doesn’t have support for Amazon Prime Video streaming service but does offer Netflix, Hulu Plus, and more apps with good app quality. The Roku Interface on this set
Insignia NS-24DF310NA21 24-inch Smart HD TV
This Insignia NS-24DF310NA21 24 Inch Smart HD TV is the perfect size for a small living room. The stand features a hidden compartment that can store extra cables, batteries, or even something as simple as your remote control!
It’s also worth noting how streamlined and minimalistic this unit is with its thin bezel frame. If you want to minimize excess clutter in an open space, this might just be right up your alley.
The set comes equipped with three HDMI ports which support 1080p HD video resolutions of 60Hz alongside 720p at 120 Hz (or 50 Hz).
This means all of your favorite movies will appear crisp and clear on the screen without any loss in quality whatsoever while still maintaining enough bandwidth to provide smooth playback and more.
What We Like:
- Retains a high level of picture quality while still being able to stream without buffering or slowing down.
- Comes with an Alexa voice remote which is great for watching TV and controlling smart home devices.
- Doesn’t come in as many screen sizes as other brands, but does offer more than enough options.
TCL 32S334 32-inch Class 3-Series HD LED Smart Android TV
For a budget TV, the TCL 32S334 32 Inch Class 3-Series Smart TV is remarkably good. The video quality and color are better than I expected for this price range. It does have some features to improve picture quality like local dimming LED backlighting and HDR compatibility but it doesn’t come with built-in streaming services such as Hulu or Netflix which would be disappointing if you want an all-in-one solution without having to purchase additional equipment.
The side speakers produce enough sound when watching movies on BluRay or regular television content so I don’t recommend getting external speakers unless you plan on playing music from your phone at higher volumes. If you just need a no-frills tv that can connect via wifi and stream most of the popular apps then this is a good option.
There are two HDMI ports and three USB ports which you can connect to your gaming system or other equipment like Chromecast, Apple TV, or Amazon FireTV Stick if you want to access all of the streaming services that those devices offer.
The device doesn’t have an Ethernet port but I don’t think it’s really needed with the wifi capabilities. It also has a headphone jack for private listening during watching movies in bed (or when somebody else wants to sleep).
You need at least one remote control because there isn’t a volume button on the body of tv set so you will be using another controller as well. The sound quality is decent, not too tinny but some people might be disappointed with the lack of bass.
What We Like:
- Great picture with clear, vivid colors and deep blacks
- Clear voice when watching shows or movies. You can hear clearly without having to adjust the volume levels too much.
- The setup is relatively easy if you follow instructions precisely for wiring it in properly
- Some new apps are not compatible with this model
- Some users have found the setup to be difficult.
LG Electronics 24LM530S-PU 24-Inch HD webOS 3.5 Smart TV
This LG Electronics 24LM530S-PU Smart TV is a great way to get things done from the comfort of your couch. It’s also made for people who are looking to make their living room into an entertainment hub.
I love how easy it is to download movies and shows on Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu Plus, Vudu, and more with just one click! And if you have other devices like Android or Apple phones that you can connect wirelessly then they will be able to use this as well so no need for another remote control in our house!
The webOS interface makes it super easy and even fun to explore all these different options without having any previous knowledge about them because there are descriptions right next to each of them.
What I don’t like is how the remote control feels a little cheap and sometimes doesn’t register my clicks, but that’s not too big of an issue for me. This might be because it uses infrared technology instead of Wi-Fi to communicate with the TV so you’re limited in range and need line-of-sight if you want to do anything other than browsing through menus on your couch or change channels using the built-in tuner.
What We Like:
- Easy to install and setup
- Wireless connectivity works great
- Remote is a little difficult to use at times
- The LG TV does not have an ethernet port so you can’t connect it directly to your ISP without using wifi or buying a USB-Ethernet adapter separately.
SAMSUNG LS27AM500NNXZA 27-inch M5 Smart Monitor TV
The Samsung LS27AM500NNXZATV 27 Inch Smart Monitor TV is an excellent choice for anyone who needs a monitor TV that can be mounted to the wall. It’s also great for those with limited space and heavy furniture in their home because you don’t need to worry about cables or where your desk will go when viewing this unit on the floor without it being attached somewhere else.
The design of this product makes it easy to attach anywhere: walls, tables, even windows! We highly recommend these units over any other type of mountable monitor TVs on today’s market.
This model has been redesigned specifically as a display screen and does not include many features we have come to expect from more expensive models such as WiFi connectivity (although Bluetooth is available), built-in speakers, and PC interface.
The Samsung LS27AM500NNXZATV is a 27-inch display monitor TV with an ultra-slim bezel design that can be mounted just about anywhere in your home or office without cables or cords as it does not need to have electricity running through it. It connects through HDMI cable which offers the best quality for streaming devices such as Apple TV, Roku, DVD players, and more.
What We Like:
- Very easy to set up
- Has a good picture quality (1920 x 1080)
- Great for gaming with AMD FreeSync technology
- Extremely slim at only .72 inch thick
- There is no PC interface or built-in speakers which may be a deal-breaker for many people
Last update on 2022-04-14