Finding the best TV under $400 should not be a daunting task at all. After all, a budget of $400 these days can get you a lot of TV for your money. There are so many brands on the market today like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, and Sony to name a few.
They are all household names and they all produce some of the best televisions on the market today. Here we are trying to narrow down your choice in terms of best-rated TVs based on numerous customer reviews and research online to come up with the best choices.
In this price range, some of the features that you can expect are screen sizes that range from 32 inches to 40 inches. If you look hard enough, you can even find 46-inch screens. More features include high definition with clear quality, screen resolution of 1080p, vibrant colors, virtual surround sound, HDMI as well as USB ports, energy efficiency, and more. Check out a few top-rated televisions below.
In a Hurry? Check Out Our Top Picks…
TCL 50S435 50-inch Class 4-Series 4K UHD Smart Roku LED TV
Prepare to be blown away by the lifelike picture quality and unmatched detail of the TCL 50S435 50 Inch Smart Roku LED TV. You can count on this state-of-the-art television to deliver vibrant full HD 1080p, whether you’re watching in a dark home theater or an ambient living room with sunlight streaming through the windows.
The brilliant colors are enhanced with high dynamic range (HDR) for superior depth and details––it’s even better than stepping into the scene yourself!
But that’s not all; this smart TV can access over 500,000 movies and TV episodes using the simple Roku TV interface with a remote control that uses RF connectivity. So put your old DVD or cable box collection to rest―there’s no need for it anymore.
What We Like:
- Lifelike picture quality and unmatched detail of TCL’s latest TV.
- Access over 500,000 movies and TV episodes with the simple Roku interface.
- Enhanced color range for superior depth in pictures.
- Lackluster comparison to other smart TVs on the market.
- Low refresh rate might cause screen blur when watching sports or action scenes.
SAMSUNG UN43TU8000FXZA 43-inch 4K UHD HDR Smart TV
Shape the distant future of TV viewing with the cutting-edge Samsung UN43TU8000FXZA 43 Inch Smart TV. Crystal processor 4K™ and Multi voice with Alexa™ and Bixby™ let you go beyond just watching content to watch how you want when you want it.
Operating in Tizen OS, this interactive TV lets you explore the best of mobile apps without ever having to use your phone or tablet! Plus, enjoy HDR that brings your favorite shows and movies alive like never before-with stunningly realistic images from both midday sunsets as well as dusky evening hours.
Want more? Take control with smart remote controls powered by IR blaster functionality that turns off other devices so they don’t interfere with your awesome viewing experience. Share your favorite TV shows with friends and family, too. Connect wirelessly in HD to your sound system or enjoy the sounds of Dolby Digital Plus™
Plus, take control over how you watch with a slim body that blends elegantly into any living space-plus just 15.37″ from front to back! The sleek profile also means this Samsung 43″ Smart TV can be mounted on the wall for an even sleeker look in your home decor while still giving you access to all of its awesome features
What We Like:
- Crystal processor – Watch anything at any time no matter where you are thanks to a cutting edge crystal processor which offers superior image quality and ensures smooth playback without lagging or freezing
- Samsung One Remote Control – This TV’s remote is simple to use and lets you navigate your entertainment with ease-without the need for multiple remotes
- Lacks a few features found on some other TVs at this price point (e.g., no HDR)
- No “game mode”
TCL 50S434 50-inch Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Android TV
The all-new TCL 50S434 50-inch Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Android Smart TV allows you to enjoy your favorite movies and shows with stunning clarity.
Experience lifelike colors thanks to High Dynamic Range Technology, which provides bright and accurate hues virtually indistinguishable from life.
This 4K TV also features Google Assistant built-in so users can search for their favorite content across thousands of apps using simple spoken commands as well as ask questions about the calendar, change room temperatures, and more.
The TCL 50S434 TV is the perfect option for tech enthusiasts, cord-cutters or anyone looking to upgrade their TV screens. It pairs high-end hardware with a sleek design that will look great in any home.
What We Like:
- Great price point.
- Thin bezels make the TV look modern and edgy.
- Relatively lightweight for a 50″ LED TV. The stand is built in so you don’t need to find one yourself!
- You have to adjust the brightness settings on your TV manually.
- The colors are only 1080p and not full HD.
- You can’t use the TV as a computer monitor because there’s no HDMI port for that function, even though it has an ethernet jack!
INSIGNIA NS-50DF710NA21 50-inch Smart 4K UHD – Fire TV
Rev up your entertainment with the INSIGNIA NS-50DF710NA21 50-inch Smart 4K UHD TV. With Fire TV, get access to 500,000 streaming movies and TV episodes at your fingertips—plus live over-the-air broadcasting and HDR content which you can only experience on a high dynamic range (HDR) compatible TV!
The voice remote offers easy navigation in addition to Alexa capabilities so that you can stay entertained all day and night without lifting a finger. The INSIGNIA NS-50DF710NA21 50-inch Smart TV offers an incredible viewing experience with crisp and clear Ultra HD resolution (3840 x 21600) on this large screen size of 50 inches, making it the perfect centerpiece to any living room or bedroom.
And because you can’t always be watching TV, INSIGNIA NS-50DF710NA21 50-inch Smart TV is equipped with a streamlined fireTV™ interface that can access 500,000 streaming movies and episodes of your favorite content.
The built-in Dolby® Digital Plus™ (DD+) sound system provides crisp dialogue and resonant bass to deliver surround sound cinema-quality audio from the built-in speakers.
No matter what you’re watching, with INSIGNIA NS-50DF710NA21 50-inch Smart TV, your entertainment is just a button away.
What We Like:
- Fire TV included for access to over 500,000 streaming movies/TV episodes, live broadcasting of OTA channels with HDR content only available in a compatible TV.
- Integrated Voice Remote and Alexa skills offer quick access to all media and entertainment.
- No Dolby Vision, HDR, or WCG support; no voice activation – requires using the remote every time you want to turn on/off the TV, change channels, volume, etc.;
- limited app selection when compared with other manufacturers.
Toshiba 50LF621U21 50-inch Smart 4K TV
The Toshiba 50LF6521U21 50 Inch Smart TV is an excellent TV for the price. It’s not a great TV, but it gets the job done and has many features that other TVs don’t have at this price point. The best feature of this TV is its picture quality.
This television delivers crisp images with vibrant colors whether you’re watching in standard dynamic range (SDR) or high dynamic range (HDR). For movies, you’ll get deep blacks which make dark scenes pop out more than they would on competing televisions in its class.
And if there are multiple people watching from different angles, well then we’ve got good news because all viewers will be able to see details clearly no matter where they stand around the room!
The worst feature of this TV is its sound quality. It’s not a great speaker by any means, and in fact it might be the worst part of the television overall. You’ll need to use an external audio device if you want decent sound coming out from your Toshiba 50LF6521U21 with no distortion or other issues that may arise when using the speakers built into the televisions themselves!
As we mentioned earlier, it’s not perfect but for those looking for more bang for their buck, this is one of our favorite TVs on sale right now. If you’re someone who doesn’t care about having top-of-the-line picture quality as long as there are many features included like HDR playback capability and a Smart TV platform, this is a great way to go.
What We Like:
- Excellent resolution for the price paid
- Great features like HDR playback capability and a Smart TV Platform
- USB-C compatibility with a remote control that allows you to connect your mobile device while on standby mode!
- The picture quality isn’t the best there is to offer in terms of LCD televisions but it’s still high enough that most people won’t notice the difference
- The sound quality isn’t that great either. It’s not bad, but it could be a lot better considering what this TV is being sold for
Last update on 2021-05-06